Friday, March 6, 2009

Grandma Cut My Grapes!

Loading up the kids for school is always a daunting task for one person! First you put Flynn in, then open the door for Braden to climb in by himself and then carry Jackson over to his side of the car to load him up, buckle and place whatever he decided to bring along with him in his lap. This morning was different, Jackson wanted to climb in by himself..."i do it". I figure heck why not, I'll spot him in case he falls and I am not in a rush. So, he slowly starts pulling himself in when all of the sudden he stops, picks up a crusted (from already being soggy) cheerio and pops it in his mouth, then he sees something else UNDER THE SEAT and starts the motion to put it in his mouth again before I interupt him by telling him, "that is so GROSS". He ignores my statement and goes ahead with adding yet another crumb of nastiness found at the bottom of the Tahoe floor all the while laughing hysterically. He is not phased!

So, everyone is buckled up and ready to start the day. Both boys have been requesting their morning "coffee" (hot chocolate) this week, so each of them are sipping away when Braden tells me in a very serious tone of voice, "Mommy, Grandma cut my grapes last night". Now mind you, I was prepared since Peggy had told me that he threw a full fit last night when she started cutting his grapes for him. He likes them whole, but Grandma doesn't want any choking on her watch and likes to cut everything up for them (understandably so). So, I tried to explain to him that Grandma will always cut his food up for him and that he should not give her a hard time about it. "That is just what Grandma's do, B"! Again, the little things that cause havec in our little man's world.

We pass the highschool and Braden asks Jackson, "what are you going to play when you go to college" and without any hestitation, Jackson replies, "basketball"! I turned the question over to Braden and asked him what he was going to play in college and he immediately responded with "baseball"! I told both I would love to see them play and Braden proceeds to tell me that there are plenty of seats at the baseball games and that I can come all the time. "Okay, Mommy?"


To see it through their eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment