Friday, March 6, 2009

BS Waffles

This happened on Friday, August 9th while I was on maternity leave after having Flynn just 10 days earlier:

A new mom of 3, I seemed to be adjusting quite well to the routine of getting two kids ready for school and a tiny little baby bundled up to make the trip with me. It was a sunny Friday morning, Mike had already left for work and I was walking slowly down the stairs with Flynn in my arms asking Braden what he wanted for breakfast that morning. He thought for a moment as he took another step down and replied with "I tink I want bullshit waffles". Wait, what? "What do you want?....blueberry waffles?", "No, I tink I want bullshit waffles" (with the word bullshit annunciated). After stiffling a huge roaring laugh, I simply replied "we don't have those kind of waffles in this house, you're going to have to settle for the waffles we have in the freezer". I think he heard the word and wanted to figure out what context to use it in. He quickly found out that "bullshit waffles" just don't exist.

On the other hand, I have found ways to integrate it into my vocabulary! Like when I'm not happy with a certain outcome of something, I'll say "that's bullshit waffles"...or sometimes I'll put a twist on calling someone's bluff by saying "BULLSHIT WAFFLES"!!!

Although "bullshit waffles" are no longer a part of Mr B's vocabulary, they have now become a part of mine! Oh the fun things you learn from a 2 year old!

To see it through their eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment