Thursday, April 23, 2009

I have to work on it.

Braden is 99.9% potty trained, however we still have some hiccups at night with him wetting the bed. Unfortunately we hit a rough patch just recently and Mike and I decided to put Braden back in pullups for bedtime. Of course, Braden DOES NOT like this new rule and has tried negotiating his way out of it just about every night lately.

Mike made a bargain with Braden and told him that if he had a dry pullup for 5 nights in a row he could start wearing big boy underwear again. It has been about 3 nights so far and Braden has been waking up proud as a peacock running into our room with his pullup in hand screaming, "I have a dry pullup, SMELL IT!!!"...ewwww, smell it? Gross. Anyway, I digress. Mike and I have been getting a little chuckle out of this little countdown. I ended up having to go out of town for work and picked up the kids from Grandma and Grandpa's. I was trying to get the scoop from the kids on how their night was with Daddy and their day at school, etc. I asked Braden if he had a dry pullup that morning and he took a deep breath and told me, "I have to work on it."

Holy cow, I was dying inside. "I have to work on it"? God I love this kid!

To see it through their eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment