Thursday, April 16, 2009

Don't worry about me...

Tonight while in the bathroom supervising the boys brushing their teeth Braden's stool started to slide and I held him while pushing it back. Braden proceeded to say, "mommy, don't worry about me." What? I was taken back by the fact that he even said that and immediately tried to reference where he got the word worry from and how he was able to use it in the right context. I quickly realized that Mike and I are always telling Braden not to worry about Jackson and to worry about himself.

I wanted so badly to tell him that I will be worrying about him, Jackson and Flynn for the rest of my life. That I never understood the true meaning of worry until the day he was born and nothing but worry flooded through me the second he was handed to me. His birth signified the day that I, Alicia Meyer, started to worry about someone other than myself and Mike. The reality of it did not resinate until tonight when Braden told me not to worry about him. Yet another realization coming from my 3 year old.

It's true, once you have children your perspective on life as you knew it has a whole different meaning and purpose. Worry is a new feeling that never seemed to be of concern for me. I think the act of worrying is now a permanent resident within, for as long as I have children on this earth, I will be constantly worrying.


To see it through their eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment