Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Daily drop offs

I am the lucky one that gets to drop off and pick up the kids to and from daycare most days of the week. All three kids have their own drop off styles and requirements:

1st to get dropped off is Jackson-room 2. Most of the time he just walks right in, no looking back. I usually have to beg him for at least a high five so I can get my blurb in, "be good, have a great day, I love you" He walks in with great confidence, his chest puffed out, waiting for the daily "Jackson is here" greeting from his teachers and friends.

2nd to get dropped off is Flynn-room 1/nursery. She has been attending daycare since she was 8 weeks old. She knows nothing else other than the same people she has been seeing for the past 8 months. No drama, just drop her off, give kisses and report the last feeding. When I turn to walk out and look back to see a smile on her face, I melt. She is my baby and her days in the "nursery" are coming to an end.

3rd to get dropped off is Braden-room 3. Before he can even step foot in the door he requires a minimum of 4 hugs and 4 kisses (his favorite number these days as he cannot wait to turn 4!). I always add 3 "bonus kisses" to make his smile go from ear to ear. He by far is the most emotional of all three in his goodbye. He is the watchful eye, making sure that his brother and sister are well. He gets to visit them throughout the day and "take note" of their behavior and surroundings so he can report not only what his day was like, but what Jackson and Flynn's day was like.

We have some emotional days and not so emotional days. All in all, the kids are very happy with their caregivers, as are we. We are super lucky to have such unique individuals to call our own that require their own signature departure rituals. I walk away each day just thanking my lucky stars to be a mom to such wonderful, well balanced children.

To see it through their eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment